Welcome to the forums of Final Boss. Please Log In or Register to begin posting. If you are interested in making an application, please read the stickied topics in the Applications Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the forums of Final Boss. Please Log In or Register to begin posting. If you are interested in making an application, please read the stickied topics in the Applications Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» LoL
Today I learned in WvW EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 pm by LittleNugget

» Character Pics
Today I learned in WvW EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:10 am by Ridenflys

» The Elder Scrolls Online
Today I learned in WvW EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:51 pm by petaz_DirTY

» Bill found a British Quagan!
Today I learned in WvW EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:08 am by Raymin

» Guess Who's Baaaaack!
Today I learned in WvW EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:06 am by Ridenflys

» MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Today I learned in WvW EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:13 am by petaz_DirTY

» twas the night before christmas
Today I learned in WvW EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 8:28 pm by LittleNugget

» amazing humans
Today I learned in WvW EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:14 pm by petaz_DirTY

» Quaggans love Gifts!
Today I learned in WvW EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 6:53 pm by Raymin

Gallery

Today I learned in WvW Empty

Today I learned in WvW

4 posters

Go down

Today I learned in WvW Empty Today I learned in WvW

Post by Atrixe Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Mostly ripping off Reddit, but there's not many posts going on in this section so I thought I'd toss out a few interesting things about WvW.

A crossed swords icon occurs at 6 combatants, friend or foe. You could potentially go undetected with 2 rams on a tower if no one else was actively attacking (many people ignore the keep under attack symbol without orange swords, chalking it up to attacking npcs)

This one annoys me: players cannot damage walls. Stop hitting it with your hammer.

There are crafting stations (and, thusly, a bank) in your borderlands. Not in the other maps unless by keep upgrade.

Lords (Keep, Camp, whatever) npcs have a buff if they're being attacked too soon after being flipped by an opposing team that nullifies direct damage. Condition dmg still works, but duration is knocked down immensely.

If there's an upgrade progress bar in a keep/tower (and, well, 80-90% of the time otherwise anyway), don't take the fucking supply.

Last I checked, upgrading a siege bluepring via the mystic forge takes mithril, elder wood, 2 same blueprints, then a siege manual bought for a skill point by the NPC near the LA mystic forge.

All I can think of right now.

Atrixe

Back to top Go down

Today I learned in WvW Empty Re: Today I learned in WvW

Post by SourZ Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:32 pm

good thing for people to know
SourZ
SourZ
Admin

https://gw2-final-boss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayobi Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:56 am

Yesh spread more of your wonderful knowledge so Yobi may learn it all Very Happy bwahahahhaha
Ayobi
Ayobi
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrixe Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:44 pm

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Orbs-will-be-removed-from-WvW-in-an-upcoming-build

They are removing orbs. I'm conflicted. On one hand I like that the side that is getting rolfStomped won't be rolled so hard. On the other, I feel like we've just lost the feeling that all the maps were tied together into a greater battle (beyond points). The only "secondary" mechanic that remains is NPC camps that I find mostly meh except the ogres south of (the original) BossWatch. I mean, why the hell do most NPC camps march towards keeps anyways? They shine in hitting camps, where their killing shit isn't railroaded by a giant ass wall/gate.

Atrixe

Back to top Go down

Post by Tass96 Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:06 pm

I feel the same way about that. The only thing in having 4 separate zones without orbs is to split up numbers and queue times.
Tass96
Tass96

Back to top Go down

Post by SourZ Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:14 am

It is what it is. I like it because it puts us all on equal footing and there is no longer a concern for things like hacking the orb and all. However, I do feel like there should still be orbs, but with a different purpose. Lord of the Rings had orbs effect the PvE part of the game to an extent and Warhammer introduced orbs inside the forts to capture between pairings that gave healing bonuses and drop chances. I feel like if servers overall had more of a purpose to hold the orb rather than have better stats in WvW, then they still hold purpose.

As of right now, all orbs do is give zerg servers something to get before smaller servers even have a hope of defending or capturing it.
SourZ
SourZ
Admin

https://gw2-final-boss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum