Welcome to the forums of Final Boss. Please Log In or Register to begin posting. If you are interested in making an application, please read the stickied topics in the Applications Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the forums of Final Boss. Please Log In or Register to begin posting. If you are interested in making an application, please read the stickied topics in the Applications Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» LoL
UGH...C# EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 pm by LittleNugget

» Character Pics
UGH...C# EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:10 am by Ridenflys

» The Elder Scrolls Online
UGH...C# EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:51 pm by petaz_DirTY

» Bill found a British Quagan!
UGH...C# EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:08 am by Raymin

» Guess Who's Baaaaack!
UGH...C# EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:06 am by Ridenflys

» MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
UGH...C# EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:13 am by petaz_DirTY

» twas the night before christmas
UGH...C# EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 8:28 pm by LittleNugget

» amazing humans
UGH...C# EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:14 pm by petaz_DirTY

» Quaggans love Gifts!
UGH...C# EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 6:53 pm by Raymin

Gallery

UGH...C# Empty

UGH...C#

2 posters

:: Public :: Off-Topic :: Tech Help

Go down

UGH...C# Empty UGH...C#

Post by SourZ Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:12 pm

5 hours in to teaching myself C# and I'm still 2 chapters behind where my school assumed I had knowledge up to when starting this class.
SourZ
SourZ
Admin

https://gw2-final-boss.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

UGH...C# Empty Re: UGH...C#

Post by ixlyux Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:05 pm

I program in C# for a living. Do C# console apps, ASP.NET, and MVC4. If you have an questions, I could possibly answer.

ixlyux

Back to top Go down

Post by SourZ Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

what exactly is your job description? Just curious because I'm getting my bachelors in Network Admin., but really don't have a feel for the industry or how to break into it.
SourZ
SourZ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ixlyux Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Job description honestly depends on the project at hand. When I first started at my current job, I was working on their intranet mobile platform as Junior C# Developer, C# Engineer, or consultant. I've seen all three titles of me thrown around . There, I worked on all backend logic of the application so our UI engineer (who did jQuery, CSS, HTML5, JSON, AJAX) can manipulate.

My last project I was Tech Lead/ Lead Engineer, but was the only developer, they like to throw around titles. There I worked on a lesser form of our intranet site (which is SharePoint) to display only certain information, everything was written from the ground up in C#/MVC on the 4.0 framework.

After the project is live, it is my job to troubleshoot if there is a problem/enhancement. If I handle knowledge transition of the project, it's their job.

So basically, I'm just a developer. They want something done, I write the code for it and document the changes. I finally got into the field by using employment agencies, such as http://www.resolution-tech.com and http://www.brickhouseresources.com/. Those agencies are there to help you get your foot in the door. After you get your experience in you will have a better chance of getting your full time job. No more contracts.

Couldn't tell you about networking, all I can say is that it's my kryptonite, I've always had a deep hatred towards networking.

ixlyux

Back to top Go down

Post by SourZ Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:59 pm

I've still hold a lot of animosity towards networking...but I'm good at it. Sort of ironic. I'm using it right now as a stepping stone towards things that interest me a little bit more, but as long as I have a foot to stand on with networking I'll at least be able to (hopefully) find work--minus the whole being in the Air Force thing. That's kind of huge wall in the way right now, but my only means of survival.
SourZ
SourZ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ixlyux Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:21 pm

All I have to say is find something in IT you really love doing and concentrate on one area. From there you can expand other skills you my inherent. Such as I love C#, from there I've went to ASP.NET and now jQuery. They all interact with one another.

I've been doing websites since '99 (when I was 14), all started with HTML. Back then I did HTML, CSS and was moving towards SSI, CGI/PERL then PHP. Just remember, IT is always expanding, something new. Don't stay in one spot but evolve from it.

If you want to be a developer, then concentrate on those courses. It sounds like you have an innate ability towards networking, so exploit it. But if you hate it then you may hate your job.

Also, don't get discourage from not finding a job a.s.a.p. Takes some people months to a couple years. My old team lead, took him 3 years to find a job back in '96 when he first started IT. Me, it took me about a year and a half.

ixlyux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Public :: Off-Topic :: Tech Help

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum